Monday, August 3, 2009

Newport Beach...Oh how I love thee



We LOOOOVE Newport Beach.




We love the sunsets. How the sun just quietly slips down below the ocean.




We love these girls. Aubrey, Morgan Stahley, Audrey Noble and Ashley Shepherd. We love how they asked us to take them to Newport Beach so they could have a girls trip before school starts. They didn't have to ask us twice.







We love the ferry that takes us across to Balboa Island. We (mainly I) LOOOOVE Balboa Island. We always rent bicycles when we go to Newport and ride between Newport and Balboa. We like to feel like Cali natives and somehow riding a bike makes us feel this way.




We love the Balboa Bars. They are the absolute bomb. A big ice cream bar dipped in chocolate and then dipped in your favorite toppings such as crushed oreos, peanuts, almonds, sprinkles and I can't remember them all. So yummy on a hot afternoon.





Take my advise: Only buy Balboa Bars from this place. They are the Kings of the Balboa Bars. Aren't these two so cute.




This placed is exquisite. I want this cottage. I must have this cottage. Honey, pleeeease buy me this cottage. I will never ask for anything again in my whole life (or at least I'll try not to). It has a small price tag of 6 million. Can you believe it? 6 million to live on Balboa. Holy Crap!! I still love this cottage though.


My honey loves the beach. He has fond memories of growing up in Cali and spending all his summers at the beach. It was a saving grace for his mother. With 5 boys I'd spend my time at the beach too. Let them run wild and have fun then take them home to bed.




This is a view from up on the pier looking down on the girls. Notice the flower made out of their flip flops.




I wonder who Aubrey likes?!





The girls looking down on their creation and yelling at anyone who tries to walk through it.




We love Applebees. Dinner at Applebees after a long day on the beach tasted so good.




Okay so we were sitting at our table and I hear a young woman say Karson to someone else sitting a few tables away from us. Well, since I very rarely hear my name shouted out loud in public (unless, of course, it's someone in my family wanting to get my attention -- and this wasn't the case) I naturally looked to see who it was. It turns out that there was this guy waiter that has my name and spells it the same way I do. So naturally I asked him for his name tag. He kindly obliged. YEAH!!



I looooove this man. I love that he takes me to Newport Beach. I love that when I want to go to Balboa Island because that is the only place to get the REAL DEAL Balboa Bars he kindly rides his bike with me to the ferry and over to get them. I love him because when he wants to go to the beach I get to go along too. I love him because he loves me.


1 comment: