Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Puke! Puke! Puke!

In my opinion, to have really beautiful babies you have to puke your guts out for about three to four months. That's what I went through and look at my girls. GORGEOUS!! Erica's baby is going to be just as beautiful! She is six weeks along now and has been quite nauseous for a couple of weeks. Nothing too bad and she could deal with it. Then came Sunday. Then Monday was worse. Tuesday has been HELL! She threw up 18 times Tuesday. Poor thing. She is camped out on my living room floor on her old twin mattress. The doctor prescribed her some medication (suppositories, yuck) that seem to be spreading out her puking episodes to about every three to four hours. Hopefully in the next couple of days we can get this puking under control and she can begin to function again. Through it all, Albert has been wonderful. He sits in the bathroom beside her holding her while she pukes. What a guy!! He's a keeper. As for now, we just sit and wait and hope the medicine kicks in. And I keep dreaming about how beautiful my grandbaby is going to be!!

3 comments:

  1. 18 times?? I didn't know it was that bad! Poor girl, I would bring her a milkshake or something to make her feel better but I'm sure that won't help at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! This is bringing back memories ... I hope she gets over it soon! I hope she's not as unlucky as me and pukes her entire pregnancy. They also gave me some drugs, phenogren ... they worked okay, but made me beyond exhausted. I slept for 9 months straight. Hopefully hers will work well and not make her a zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny about puking to get beautiful babies. You're right, your girls ARE gorgeous! I just read Erica's update she wrote yesterday and I feel so sorry for her. I'm sure only you can truely understand how miserable she is. Why isn't the zofron or whatever working??

    ReplyDelete